Filed Under Medical, Pharmacy, Nurse, International Vacancy
expired: 20 Nopember 2007
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide where few organizations dare to serve.
Injecting Drug User Advisor
The IDU Advisor, in coordination with the Prison Advisor, will lead the planning and implementation of programs supporting prison and IDU populations, while ensuring collaboration with the larger HCPI initiative.
The IDU Advisor maintains relationships with representatives of the KPA, DepKes, DepHukHam and with provincial representatives where IMC HCPI activities are ongoing. The Advisors will establish a good working relationship with the Senior Program Coordinator (HIV) within AusAID, in addition to GoI, NGO and other multi and bi-lateral agency representatives.
- Lead planning activities with counterparts and implementing partners for programming supporting prison and IDU populations, while ensuring deep collaboration and interaction with the larger IMC HCPI program.
- Identify institutional strengthening and capacity building needs for implementing partners, and incorporate in annual plans as appropriate;
- Provide advice to KPA, DepKes and DepHukHam on technical matters (including policies, strategies and approaches) relating to harm reduction among IDUs and their partners
- Ensure proper and adequate data collection to enable ongoing assessment of program progress, achievements and impact.
- Manage and mentor other HCPI staff
- Brief AusAID staff on HCPI, as requested
- Provide information and advice to independent technical and strategic Advisors and any other teams engaged by AusAID to provide advice on or review HCPI or other related activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of HIV harm reduction and comprehensive approaches for IDUs and their partners
- Experience managing programs supporting IDU populations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of / Ability to work effectively within and support local support and service mechanisms
- Previous experience in Indonesia
- Working knowledge of technical Bahasa preferred
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://www.imcworldwide.org and complete the online employment application form found under the tab “Work with IMC”.
Please reference ReliefWeb.
Reference Code: RW_77TS7F-77